Wates Group has been appointed framework contractor for the restoration and renovation of a series of buildings on Parliaments Northern Estate.
The business is now interesting in meeting with suppliers nationwide to assist with the programme.
The comprehensive refurbishment will help restore and maintain a number of Parliaments listed heritage buildings in Westminster, including Norman Shaw North and South, 1 Parliament Street and 1 Derby Gate. The work will ensure they are safe, accessible and efficient for future generations.
The Programme will also help ensure that there are suitable spaces and facilities for the House of Commons to temporarily move out of the Palace of Westminster while it undergoes a multi-year programme of restoration and renewal in the mid-2020s.
The buildings, built between 1864 and 1906, currently provide office accommodation to over 950 people, but many have had no significant investment for many years.
The work on site which started in 2019 will also increase the capacity and standard of office space, delivering an estate with reduced running costs, increased environmental performance and improved safety and accessibility.
- The creation of more than 160 apprenticeships, along with support for schools and colleges
- A new nationwide programme to train a new generation of heritage craftspeople such as stonemasons, traditional plasterers and joiners, who will be essential to delivering the programme successfully
- A commitment to invest £1 million in Social Enterprises, giving them access to the project and providing a significant long-term boost for the sector
- A commitment to put smaller businesses at the heart of this major heritage project, with a large proportion of Wates supply chain being made up of SMEs
- Meet the buyer events to be held all over the country giving potential suppliers an opportunity to meet with Wates and be involved in the Northern Estate Programme.
Joining Our Framework
Suppliers interested in joining the framework can apply here:
Meet With Us
Suppliers interested in meeting us face to face can visit the following Meet The Buyer events:
- 5th March 2019 – Cardiff
- 8th May 2019 – London
- 21st May 2019 – Belfast
- 26th September 2019 – Glasgow
- 13th November 2019 – Manchester
Places can be booked via Constructionline or by emailing us here
Questions or queries about the programme? Contact us here