As a family-owned business we know our people are at the core of our continuing success. Its our people who make Wates successful. We will only achieve our strategic objectives if we retain and recruit the best people, and provide them with an environment characterised by inclusivity, diversity and opportunity.
Wates has identified key objectives and milestones in its new Diversity and Inclusion plan, to create a business where everyone is welcomed, included and connected.
- Drive industry to be more inclusive by playing a leading role in peer and stakeholder collaboration
- Have a workforce that more accurately reflects society (we will be 60% men, 40% women, 20% BAME, 3% disability and 5% LGBTQ+ across all levels in our business)
- Positively encourage flexible working through appropriate working arrangements and benefits
- Ensure fairness in all our people systems, processes and reward mechanisms
- Be a place where everyone loves to work
We will achieve this by concentrating on 4 key objectives:
- Encourage bold leadership our leaders at all levels are committed to embracing and implementing our #WatesTogether inclusion strategy
- Increase awareness through education we provide the right tools and training to support inclusive mindsets and forums to foster debate
- Involve everyone we empower everyone to create inclusive working environments and encourage them to engage in activities and partnerships internally and externally
- Embed inclusion into all we do we will attract and develop a diverse workforce with an inclusive mindset and ensure all of our processes and procedures support this