University of Southampton
Wates Construction has completed a provision of two further new build interconnecting specialist engineering blocks, for this repeat client, to provide highly specialised laboratory/workshop and office accommodation for academic staff, research staff and students.
Highly innovative showplace lab space and TSRL (test and structures research labs)incorporating a heavy duty strong floor lab. Column frees space with a head room of 9m and a strong floor throughout (with access to the underside of the slab to bolt equipment through).FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WATES CONSTRUCTION
This new facility is the primary exhibition and function space for the biennial Farnborough International air show. It also hosts numerous other trade shows and conferences throughout the year. Part-funded by the Local Enterprise Partnership, Enterprise M3, Hampshire County Council, Rushmoor Borough Council and Barclays.
- Single storey exhibition space, split into three exhibition halls
- An attached two storey function facility, including six function areas, catering facilities, foyer, toilets and circulation space,
- Associated external services, site works, drainage and landscaping.
- Five passenger lifts, a large goods lift and smaller goods lifts provided to the servery rooms.
- Total floor area of 20,000sqm, the equivalent of 16 Olympic swimming pools.