Through the Scape Venture framework, which focuses on supporting public/private partnerships and charitable organisations, Wates carried out feasibility works for urgently needed accommodation for 300 students at Teesside University for September 2020.FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WATES CONSTRUCTION
The resulting development, Cornell Quarter, is one of the largest schemes procured under the Scape Venture framework to date and only took 24 weeks from initial inception (with a feasibility assessment) to work starting on site.
- 95% SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) engaged
- Seven National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) delivered
- 100% cardboard and plastic recycled
- 46/50 Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) score
- 98% of waste diverted from landfill