Redevelopment of an existing sports centre for Carlisle City Council.
Commencing on site in November 2020, the redevelopment of The Sands Centre will see nearly 40,000 sq ft added to the building, which will more than double the floorspace of the existing leisure facilities.
The new facilities set across two storeys and accessed by a bespoke, internal ‘street’ will included;
- Reception area
- Four-court Sport England specification sports hall
- 25m eight-lane swimming pool
- 20m learner pool with an innovative moveable floor and a spectator viewing area
- Wet and dry changing facilities
- 120-station gym and fitness suite
- Dance studios
- Café / bar
- NHS physiotherapy suite with consulting rooms
The Sands Centre redevelopment is a major project that will provide significant benefits. It represents a cornerstone in our plans to support our communities to continue to improve their health and wellbeing. There is a necessity to do the work. Carlisle desperately needs new swimming facilities. This is a one-off opportunity with a dual benefit of all the facilities being on one site.”
Cllr John Mallinson
Leader of Carlisle City Council
Get in touch to chat about your construction project.