Nulok Slate and Solar Roofing System – Light-weight & recyclable roofing system that encourages the integration of solar tiles for rapid on or offsite installation.
The Nulok system has been designed specifically to make the installation of slate and solar simple, straightforward and to look great.
Our system is fully recyclable, A1 fire-rated, BBA approved and requires less slate than traditional roofing, which in turn, will reduce material requirements and waste. We manufacture the system in Birmingham, UK and distribute across Europe, America and Australia.
Our solar is highly efficient glass-glass tiles that fit seamlessly next to natural slate or our exclusive ceramic tile to leave you the perfect sustainable roof build up that can be installed at pace both on or offsite, making our system the perfect mmc for your next modular or onsite roof build up.
Fully loaded, our system weighs only 27.3KG and can be installed around 30% faster than traditional installation, using up to 50% less slate and leaving every single Nulok roof solar ready, which is proving a major USP due to the increase in energy prices.
Finally, a damaged slate can be changed in less than 15 seconds, which is a big positive if you’re a housing association with a lot of properties to maintain.
We are keen to train more roofers and work with developers who are committed to building a greener and more sustainable future.
- Better Value – a more cost efficient choice compared to our competition as the slate used is cut thicker than our competition making it more resilient. The superior Nulok fixing system locks each slate in place protecting the whole roof against severe weather conditions.
- Solar Inserts – the only roofing system with Nulok Solar Inserts that integrate alongside the tiles making the installation invisible from the ground. This unique system ensures that the roofline remains clean unlike many other solar panels that are attached to the actual roof’s surface.
- Fast Installation – Nulok requires less tiles per square metre covered and can be walked on immediately after installation, without tiles cracking under the weight of the tradesmen thanks to the unique locking system. There is often no need for scaffolding as a safety rail is sufficient, this makes the whole installation simpler, faster and safer.
- 30 Years Warranty
- Lighter – lighter than wood based alternatives at only 27kg per sq metre and uses less tiles to complete the roof. This means that the roof itself is lighter, which in turn may have a significantly positive impact on the structural cost of the lower part of the house as a Nulok roof falls into the Light Timber Frame Code.
- Stronger – it uses zincalume steel battens and channels rather than the old wooden batten system. Nulok battens, channels and clips interlink providing an even more robust installation against severe weather
- Safer – unique tile clips used in the Nulok roofing system mean that the tiles are more secure than when nails are used. There is little chance of tiles loosening and falling to the ground unlike slate tiles that can release from their nail holes after time.
- Low Pitch – can be installed at a pitch as low as 5 degrees to vertical if required. Unlike others roofs the Nulok system locks tiles or slates in tightly with stainless steel clips. We install a extra heavy duty sarking base to achieve this.
- No Wastage – No nails are used in the installation of tiles on to the battens of the Nulok roofing system which eliminates the main cause of roof tile wastage. There is no need for a cost contingency for tile over run as the amount of tiles calculated for the installation is finite.
- Simple to Repair – Should a severe weather or unforeseen incident rupture the roof tiles, your Nulok roof can be repaired easily and quickly. Fast tile replacement without intrusion is a key feature of Nulok where removal and replacement can be completed quickly and easily.
Get in touch with our Innovation Partner
Simply fill in the form below and we’ll get right back to you.