Air-Powered Showers – The world’s most efficient shower system.
Kelda are the pioneers of innovative Air-Powered showers that can help reduce a building’s carbon footprint by using significantly less water and energy.
With climate change exacerbating water scarcity and the global energy crisis driving up the cost-of-living crisis, the link between water and energy efficiency has never been so relevant.
Over the years we have been working tirelessly to accomplish an ambitious goal: to deliver the best possible shower using the least amount of water, energy, and carbon emissions. We passionately believe that it is possible to have a shower using much less water. So, we made it our mission to create an immersive shower experience that people can enjoy responsibly in an affordable and efficient way.
In 2021, Kelda was invited by Barratt Developments to install their Air-Powered shower in the Zed House, a unique zero carbon concept home that showcases the future of sustainable living in the UK. This was followed with a further installation in eHome2 at Energy House 2.0 where Kelda continues to contribute to ground-breaking research designed to accelerate progress towards low carbon and net zero carbon emissions.
- Our patented technologies are drawn from decades of cutting-edge aerospace and automotive engineering and backed by the world’s leading sustainability organisations, such as the Carbon Trust and the Solar Impulse Foundation.
- Energy Saving Trust (EST) validated a number of claims, including that a typical home could cut their energy carbon emissions by about 10% (350kgCO2e) by replacing their standard mixer shower with a Kelda shower. This is equivalent to planting 125 trees every year.
- Kelda’s Air-Powered™ showers atomise water into MACRO droplets that are 2.5X larger than a traditional shower, meaning each droplet hits the skin with 15X more impact.
- Kelda Air-Powered™ showers are proven to save at least, if not more than, 50% of water and energy compared to conventional showers, helping to reduce consumption and lower annual bills.
- Kelda’s Air-Powered™ showers are proven to reduce water consumption whilst improve shower experience, with users claiming that the shower is as good, or better than a standard shower, using twice the amount of water.
- Kelda’s high efficiency showers use around 50% less water meaning 50% less energy required to heat the hot water. The result, fewer carbon emissions – responsible for climate change
Get in touch with our Innovation Partner
Simply fill in the form below and we’ll get right back to you.