Wates Developments’ scheme at Ringwood in Hampshire is a great example of an integrated planning approach that has delivered a truly mixed-use development meeting the needs of families, the elderly and local businesses alike.
Wates collaborated with local planning officials in Ringwood to bring forward an inventive, enhanced scheme that has included care home and business space to boost local employment.
The location a desirable area close to the New Forest National Park and just 12 miles from Bournemouths award-winning beaches is one with significant housing need, and an efficient re-modelling of the layout has also led to increased housing numbers, now up from 174 to 195 homes.
In addition, a range of significant community benefits have been integrated into the development including:
- A children’s adventure playground and an animal play park
- 1.6 acres of allotments, and
- 9.38 acres of informal open space and Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace (SANG) land within the scheme.
Additional uses have also been created, including:
- 1.5 hectares of land for industrial and commercial employment units.
- Land for a 70+ bed nursing home.
The final phase of the development is now being built out.