Project 2020 saw the redevelopment of three existing buildings to create the flagship headquarters for Anglo American plc and the De Beers Group. Completing in September 2020, it includes office space, a staff canteen and dining area. The buildings comprise of 17 Charterhouse St, Saffron Hill and Saffron Hill Extension.
This complex build involved the part-demolition of the existing building, and the exposure of the structural frame. In addition, two floors were removed, and then reinstated, bringing the historic business back to the heart of London’s jewellery community in the Hatton Garden Conservation Area.FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WATES CONSTRUCTION
- £140k social enterprise spend
- 272 students supported by education civilise and programmes on the project
- 60 local people benefitting from employment and training initiatives on the project
- 3645 hours invested into volunteering in the local community
- £758k local business spend
- CCS score of 44 and BREEAM Excellence
- The use of 8mm Marble inter layer within the double glazed units
- 14,000 additional square feet of floor space.
- Fit Out contractor started on average 2 weeks early on each floor