Re-configuration and extension of former Royal Mail offices in Central London
New Build / Extension
£55m two stage D&B eleven storey redevelopment with offices and retail. The project involved stripping the existing building back to frame and adding extensions.
- The project saw the transformation of the former Royal Mail offices in London’s Old Street.
- The existing ‘E’ shaped building in front of Old Street, Bunhill Row and Banner Street was stripped to its structural frame and re-clad with new façades of glazed white bricks and coloured glazed panel.
- The layout was re-configured and extended, creating a new pavilion along Bunhill Row.
- The lower levels, previously a car park and back of house space, were converted into new offices space with access to inner landscaped area.
- A rooftop extension, roof terrace and green roofs were added to create green spaces.
Subcontractors from local area
Local apprentices employed on site
Energy Efficiency certified