spent with SMEs
The renovation provides new facilities for the Royal College of Surgeons.
This includes flexible teaching spaces, examination rooms, function rooms, a café and a large glazed central atrium, promoting collaboration through shared flexible and social working environments.
The project also includes the redesign and relocation of the historic Hunterian Museum.
Wates have done a fantastic job redeveloping our ageing building into a bright and modern space, whilst also maintaining our much loved historical features. We are very pleased with the final outcome and can’t wait to unveil the building to the wider surgical community and the public.”
Deputy Chief Executive at the Royal College of Surgeons
- 56 local people in Employment & Training initiatives
- 1078 training weeks created for local people
- 4151 hours invested in supporting these people by Wates staff
- £426k invested into training local people
- 1230 students supported by education activities
- £10k invested into supporting education
- £2,772 spend with local small businesses
- £4,518 economic benefit generated for the local community
- £112k invested into social enterprises
- 2348 volunteering hours in the community by Wates staff
- £116k invested into local charities/community causes
- £669,795 worth of economic, environment and social value generated
Explore more of our healthcare projects
Get in touch to chat about your construction project.