Flutter Shutter -The only patented fully independent window system that doubles up as an internal plantation shutter and increases EPC ratings.
Flutter Shutter is a simple, solution based window replacement product that not only tackles real energy saving problems, reduces fuel costs for tenants/customers & delivers improvements in EPC ratings…
It is now fully approved under the SHDF and is currently in the process of becoming a deliverable under ECO4. This is a slick, affordable energy measure that assists RSLs with their NetZero targets and acts a huge incentive for retrofit.
Flutter Shutter LTD is sponsored by British Gas and endorsed by Centrica. The measure is a fabric first measure and is an excellent ‘fix’ for thermal bridging issues given its ‘tight’ air permeability status from BRE whilst meeting ventilation requirements. Base case SAP rating is 4.5 and U values are comparable to that of triple glazing even when louvres are open given the innovative design and invisible energy saving nature.
Our product alleviates the fuel poverty crisis, assists with damp issues and draughts whilst helping social housing elevate the aesthetic nature of their housing stock, whilst simultaneously improving safety, refining the look and feel of communities and bettering the mental health of customers. Switching to our simple solution, reduces waste materials (from upgraded and replacement windows needing to go landfill) which in turn leads to reduced waste removal costs.
With a 25 year manufacturers guarantee as standard and a growing team with over 40 years combined experience in the shutter, energy and engineering industries, we are excited and confident to finally be able to introduce Flutter shutter to the UK market after 9 years of development and testing.
- Energy Efficient – Reduces heat loss through windows by up to 70%
- Environmentally Friendly – Our materials are created from a high grade, recyclable PVC that goes through a process of pyrolysis once it has fulfilled its life span
- Parallel to Triple Glazing – No need to rip out or replace existing windows, thus resulting in a reduction in landfill
- Increases EPC Rating – Tested by Liverpool John Moores University and approved by the Building Research Establishment (BRE)
- Reduces noise pollution up to 80%
Get in touch with our Innovation Partner
Simply fill in the form below and we’ll get right back to you.