Senior Quantity Surveyor – Fit Out
Full Time/Flexible Working
05 Mar 2024
Location: London NW1
Job Type: Commercial
Contract: Full Time/Flexible Working
Application Deadline: 05 Mar 2024
We have an opportunity for a Project Surveyor to join our Wates team within our Smartspace division. You will be working out of either our Warrington, London, Luton or Leatherhead offices. We are looking for someone that will take accountability for the implementation of all pre/ post contract strategies, commercial functions and contract reporting.
Our highly skilled teams have a wealth of experience and a robust track record in undertaking a range of services from minor refresh works and conversions to full developer shell fit-outs and complex refurbishment projects.
The main accountabilities will include:
- Regularly review subcontract safety audits prior to payment authorisation.
- Develop and encourage project team performance encouraging and ensuring that Wates’ main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Regularly review project accountabilities
- Demonstrate understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up
- Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value
- Work with the Commercial Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts
- Ensure all contractual processes are completed on time
We are looking for you to already have relevant commercial skills and experience including the ability to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management as well as effectively use / understand financial reports and final accounts.
To be successful in the role you will be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with the client, PQS, design team and supply chain. You will also be confident in effectively leading and developing commercial site teams.
Work for Wates
Wates Group is one of the largest, and most successful family-owned private construction, development, and property services companies in the UK. We are building a place to work where everyone belongs, by one small act of inclusion at a time. We celebrate difference and welcome diversity.
As a responsible and inclusive employer, we are committed to equality and are proud to have been recognised for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditation with Investors in People, we are also a Disability Confident employer. Being a family owned, business means we understand and value long term relationships.
The Wates Group are committed to three ambitious environmental targets for 2025: Zero Waste, and Zero Carbon, from our operations and Positive Nature Enhancement. Wates are pushing to take a leading role in reducing our industry’s environmental impact.