Trades and Labour
Full Time/Flexible Working
04 Mar 2024
Job Type: Trades and Labour
Contract: Full Time/Flexible Working
Application Deadline: 04 Mar 2024
We have an opportunity for an Electrician to join our Wates team within our Reactive Maintenance Division. You will be working from our Walton-On-Thames office and covering the surrounding areas, working on our social housing contract. The primary focus of this role will be to undertake all tasks to achieve first time fix and deliver a high standard of workmanship in a timely and productive manner always affording excellent customer service to the client.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Undertaking repair/ renewal works within your Electricians remit and work with associated trades
- Ensure maintenance work is undertaken safely and in accordance with all technical standards
- Communicate effectively with residents, scheduler and line manager
- Work safely and in compliance with Health & Safety and safeguarding requirements
- Remain up-to-date with technical and legal requirements of skill area
- Working in partnership with other operatives to complete repairs, if required
- Completing time sheets work sheets detailing work undertaken and materials used after each job undertaken, via a PDA
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Electrician who can utilise their skills to deliver small projects and repair works. You will hold a full UK diving licence, be confident in managing your own workload and will ideally already have experience of the housing maintenance sector.
Work for Wates
Wates Group is one of the largest, and most successful family-owned private construction, development, and property services companies in the UK. We are building a place to work where everyone belongs, by one small act of inclusion at a time. We celebrate difference and welcome diversity.
As a responsible and inclusive employer, we are committed to equality and are proud to have been recognised for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditation with Investors in People, we are also a Disability Confident employer. Being a family owned, business means we understand and value long term relationships.
The Wates Group are committed to three ambitious environmental targets for 2025: Zero Waste, and Zero Carbon, from our operations and Positive Nature Enhancement. Wates are pushing to take a leading role in reducing our industry’s environmental impact.