Trades and Labour
Full Time/Flexible Working
04 Mar 2024
Job Type: Trades and Labour
Contract: Full Time/Flexible Working
Application Deadline: 04 Mar 2024
Wates have an opportunity for a Plumber/ Multi Trader to join our Wates team within our Responsive Maintenance division. You will be working out of one of our London offices on one of our social housing contracts, delivering reactive maintenance to our residents.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Having an understanding of, and the ability to work to, industry-accepted Health and Safety standards.
- Undertaking repair/renewal works to plumbing installations, and associated or minor maintenance tasks utilising your multi-trade experience.
- Working alongside colleagues or contractors to complete complex orders.
- Using PDA to receive instructions, and to feedback electronically details of works undertaken, or works to be undertaken.
- Liaising with Supervisors/schedulers in a timely manner when works are unable to be completed on a first visit, providing detailed information to allow works to be programmed in.
- Affording excellent customer service to residents, client and colleagues.
We are looking for a professional Plumber who has multi-trade experience gained from working in a similar industry and environment. To be successful in the role you must also be an excellent communicator with the ability to problem solve, multi task and work to tight deadlines.
Work for Wates
Wates Group is one of the largest, and most successful family-owned private construction, development, and property services companies in the UK. We are building a place to work where everyone belongs, by one small act of inclusion at a time. We celebrate difference and welcome diversity.
As a responsible and inclusive employer, we are committed to equality and are proud to have been recognised for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditation with Investors in People, we are also a Disability Confident employer. Being a family owned, business means we understand and value long term relationships.
The Wates Group are committed to three ambitious environmental targets for 2025: Zero Waste, and Zero Carbon, from our operations and Positive Nature Enhancement. Wates are pushing to take a leading role in reducing our industry’s environmental impact.