- Business in the Community (BITC) Corporate Responsibility Index – Wates awarded 3.5 stars in the 2015 index scoring 95%.
- BITC Community Mark received for the second time running.
- Queens Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development – received for a second time.
- Wates’ average Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) score in 2015 was 40.1 against an industry average of 38.41.
- Over 95% of our waste is diverted from landfill.
- Member of Supply Chain Sustainability School with over 65% of suppliers who we trade in excess of £1m being members.
- Over £1.3m traded with social enterprises giving a cumulative spend to date of £6.5m.
- 939th person completed Wates ‘Building Futures’ employment programme – 54% of those completing the programme have moved into full time employment or training.
- Over £80k raised for our corporate charity the Prince’s Trust.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Achieved Committed to Equality Gold Accreditation .
- 15% of our employees are black, asian or minority ethnic and 19% are female compared to an industry average of 11%.
- Supporter of The 5% Club, with more than 5% of our employees under 25 years old.
- Over 20 projects delivered to environmental building standards such as Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM), the Code for Sustainable Homes or SHIFT, the sustainability standard for the housing sector.