• Named Organisation of the Year at the inaugural UK Social Mobility Awards, 2017
•Winner of the People Power award at the Prince’s Trust Corporate Employee Awards 2017
•Second consecutive Queens Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development 2016 received. Presented by HRH Princess Anne on 22nd November 2016.
• Business in the Community Corporate Responsibility Index – Awarded 3.5 stars and 95%
• BiTC Community Mark awarded for the second time.
Director Jonny Wates accepts the award for Organisation of the Year at the inaugural Social Mobility Awards 2017
• Carbon Data Assured by Carbon Trust for period 1st January to 31st December 2016. Carbon footprint is 17,993.5 tC02e
• Considerate Constructors Scheme – Average score is 40.04 across 172 audits. 40 projects nominated for a CCS award
• Proud partner of the Supply Chain Sustainability School. 56% of our supply chain who we trade over £500k are members of the SCSS. 8 Wates SCSS supplier events held across the UK
• Over 95% of waste diverted from landfill
• Partnership launched with ECA Services providing energy procurement, bill validation, metering and reporting to all projects and offices
• £2.135m spent with social enterprises with over £10.5m spent since we launched our strategy creating jobs and training for those that need it most
• Founder partner of the Buy Social Corporate Challenge inspiring businesses to trade over £1bn with the social enterprise sector by 2020
• Seeing is Believing Programmes run nationally with over 120 key customers attending to inspire them to trade with the SE Sector
• 1029th person completed our award winning pre-employment programme ‘Building Futures’. Over 50% of those move into employment, education or training. For every pound invested in Building Futures, £1.77 of social value is created.
• Over £170k raised for our corporate charity partner, Princes Trust since the partnership began
• 72 projects completed on Wates Annual Community Week, with over 6,500hrs volunteered by our people
• Committed to diversity & inclusion – 24% of employees are female and 10% from BAME community
• Member of the 5% club – inspiring and encouraging more young people into the built environment
• Think Build launched – an industry programme developed in partnership with Career Ready to inspire more young people into the built environment. Clusters established in Manchester, Birmingham and London.
• 35% of social enterprises in Wates supply chain are led by women and over 85% from the Black and Minority Ethnic community
• Our Head Office in Leatherhead secured SKA Silver and incorporated a range of technologies to reduce energy, waste and water consumption within its refurbishment.
• Number of projects completed which achieved BREEAM Outstanding and Excellent across the UK
• Wates Sustainability Technology Services delivered a range of customer forums to promote new and emerging sustainable technologies
• Project Impact Reviews completed on a range of projects to demonstrate the social, economic and environmental value delivered