A diverse and inclusive workforce brings many benefits.
A diverse and inclusive workforce brings many benefits. As a business we want to be fully representative of the communities where we work and our culture of inclusivity and diversity recognised by employees, customers and communities. Having the right people, with the right skills and behaviours to do the job, regardless of their background is key to achieving our planned growth.
We have taken a fresh approach to embedding a culture of diversity and inclusion within our business and through our plans we will:
- Attract, recruit and retain a balanced profile based on age, gender, ethnicity and experience.
- Deliver an Early Careers programme which supports school leavers, apprentices and graduates in accessing our business and the wider built environment.
- Support employee engagement and create a sector leading approach.
- Engage with schools, colleges and universities to inspire and promote the built environment as a career of choice not chance.
- Ensure equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded across all the services we provide to our customers, tenants, supply chain and wider stakeholders.
Wates’ 100 for 100
100 for 100 is Wates Group’s campaign throughout 2018 to promote equality of opportunity for women in the construction and built environment sector. Over the course of the year 100 female employees from Wates will be profiled.
Find out more here.