- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
We all want Wates to be the very best. Being the best means upholding the great reputation Wates has built over 114 years. Our five values have been with us throughout our development as an organisation and make a difference to the way we think, act and do business with our customers and suppliers. The Wates Way is underpinned by the family values that the Wates family brings to the business.
Our values are:
- Performance – delivering value for our customers, partners and shareholders. We work hard to generate excellent results.
- Respect for people and communities – we strive for an inclusive culture based on mutual respect. We respect each other, our suppliers, our customers, our partners, our communities and society at large.
- Intelligence – we take an intelligent approach to everything we do. We pool our skills and energies in pursuit of the best solutions.
- Teamwork – we are committed to realising our vision through teamwork. Our people and our processes work together in a connected and seamless way.
- Integrity – our relationships are built on trust. Those who work for us and with us have a right to be treated fairly. We will not compromise on maintaining the highest safety standards. Our reputation matters to us. We are here for the long term.
Wates Giving is an independent charitable programme run by the Wates family through the Wates Family Enterprise Trust.
Wates' Community Day is a highlight of our year, when employees, along with our customers and supply chain partners, come together to carry out projects that benefit our local communities.