- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Wates is very proud of its health and safety record. Working safely is a core value for the Wates Group and our commitment to work incident and injury free influences the way we think, the way we plan, the way we behave and most importantly the way we work.
Our Health and Safety Strategy moves us closer to our goal of operating injury free in 2012. Our focus is in three areas: accident and incident investigation; near miss reporting and the project inspection tool.
Our Health and Safety achievements include:
- Rospa Gold award for 2011
- 30% reduction in injuries 2007 - 2010
- 38% reduction in RIDDORs 2007 - 2010
- 92% of sites Injury Free in 2010
- Highly Commended QIC Occupational Health Award 2008
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.