- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society. During 2011, Wates continued to provide support to local communities in which we live and work through:
- Raising the aspiration and skills of young people
- Creating local employment and training opportunities
- Enabling our employees to give something back
In 2011, we continued to make great progress. These included:
- Supporting Business Class – a long term partnership with schools
- Focussing on employability solutions such as Building Futures, Apprenticeships and Changing Paths
- Rolling out Lend a Hand, a volunteering programme for our employees
- Partnership with Barnado’s to raise money and volunteer
Our priority is to accelerate progress in creating more sustainable communities by raising educational aspirations, improving skills and creating employment.
Wates Giving is an independent charitable programme run by the Wates family through the Wates Family Enterprise Trust.
Social Impact report 2012
Social Impact Consulting recently published the Green Light Report in association with the National Housing Federation.