- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Wates’ Community Day is a highlight of our year, when employees, along with our customers and supply chain partners, come together to carry out projects that benefit our local communities. It provides a focused opportunity for us to make a difference to the communities in which we live and work.
- The day builds relationships with local communities, promotes teamworking and is a fun day for everyone involved.
- We work with local charities, social enterprises and community groups.
- Wates' Community Day is a clear demonstration of our commitment to supporting local communities.
- On this year's Community Day more than 2,000 people contributed over 12,886 hours on 112 community day projects across the country.
- Over £500k was invested in that one day.
This year Wates' Community Day was combined with the BiTC’s ‘Give and Gain’ Day contributing to an international success of over 24,248 employee volunteers from 532 organisations participating in 16 countries throughout the world.
Alongside other UK companies, Wates employees helped put over £2.9 million pounds of support in to those communities most in need, with over £1m going directly to schools and community groups in the UK. The volunteering in the UK alone impacted over 273,332 lives.
Our priority is to accelerate progress in creating more sustainable communities by raising educational aspirations, improving skills and creating employment.
Wates Giving is an independent charitable programme run by the Wates family through the Wates Family Enterprise Trust.
Social Impact report 2012
Social Impact Consulting recently published the Green Light Report in association with the National Housing Federation.