- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
warehouses and factories
- With a proven track record and over 10 years of consistent delivery within the light industrial sector, Wates offers specialist knowledge of innovating 'cutting edge' design and construction. For example, we recently completed the first two storey warehouse in the UK at Hatton Cross, Heathrow.
- We understand the challenges posed by brown field sites, and offer innovative and sustainable solutions including specialist ground engineering techniques.
- We have experience of managing projects in strictly controlled areas such as airports; in and around flight paths; travel infrastructure etc – bringing invaluable extensive experience and understanding of the strict controls and measures that accompany carrying out works on such sites.
- Using the combined experience of our teams and previous credentials, we strive for continuous improvement in time, cost and quality – including the development of fast-track construction methods for more efficient delivery.
- Supporting the clients in improved space utilisation through design – resulting in greater lettable value for the client.
- An approved and dedicated supply chain, which has a proven track record and specialist sector knowledge – ensuring that they can work together with Wates and our clients and bring early value into the design and delivery of the projects.
- Specialist knowledge and proven track record, ensures greater predictability of a successful project, ensuring a lower risk for us and our clients.
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.