- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Wates Retail is a leading provider of shop fit out (or shopfitting) solutions to high street retailers in the UK and Ireland.
Highly experienced in the challenges of live store environments, our project management teams can undertake a variety of refurbishment projects from cosmetic refreshes to rebrands and departmental and full store, multi site and new concept roll outs. We offer the experience, skills and security of a national, main contractor with the agility of a regional shop fitting contractor.
What makes the Wates Retail shop fit out service exemplar?
- Ability to undertake multistore refurbishment projects throughout UK and Ireland.
- Complete capability – from developer shell to finished store including flooring, ceiling, partitioning, lighting, shopfront, HVAC and installation of merchandise equipment
- Skills to deliver a bespoke store environment
- Full design service including site survey, space planning, 3D modelling and CAD layout drawings
- Value engineering capability to provide cost and programme benefits at the concept design stage
- Expertise in reducing the carbon footprint of stores and environmental impact
- Skilled at engaging with and managing contractors and suppliers nominated by the client
- Lean, simple processes that have been tried and tested, make us easy to do business with
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.