- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
We work exclusively in retail environments and have done so for over 10 years. We currently have strong relationships with both retail landlords and developers as well as many leading retailers; your tenants.
What difference can Wates make to your retail development?
- Provide a one stop shop from major extensions to minor ‘touch-ups’ or re-configuration of retail units
- We regularly work with developers both directly and through our work with retailers, so we understand your drivers and requirements
- Existing relationships with your customers, the retailers, speeds up the process of them opening a store
- Proven benefits on programme and cost, from working with many of your prospective tenants – we will get it done faster and to a better quality than other contractors
- Wates can provide an experienced tailor-made project team and specialist supply chain according to the requirements of the project
- Expert teams experienced in live environments and out of hours working
- Experience and in-depth understanding of the safety protocols and practices required for safe live environment working backed by a proven track record
- Demonstrable expertise in delivering low energy and environmentally friendly solutions to reduce operating costs
- Offer feasibility studies including surveys, planning submission, 3D modelling and temporary works design as well as detailed designs
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.