- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Streamlining resources to create real value on mixed use scheme
- Creating value and simplifying processes through a unique, seamless new build, refurbishment and fit out capability in private and public housing, retail and commercial sectors.
- As an Investment Partner with the Housing Corporation, Wates Living Space can now apply for social housing grants giving valuable access to funds.
- High degree of responsiveness - Wates can now take responsibility for the development and construction phase of the affordable housing element of projects due to new planning policy. This will also reduce RSL on-costs and booker/consultancy fees.
- Early consultation to achieve the optimum mix and tenure, design, costs and grant allocation.
- Wates Design offers retail design services to leading retail customers, including an innovative feasibility study offering to maximise retail efficiency and minimise costs.
- Reducing wasted resources - a team of specialists in each field, working seamlessly within one organisation will reduce duplication of resources on the client side, with consultants and the contractor.
- A reliable business partner, with a strong track record of delivering in all sectors and with a strong balance sheet.
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.