- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
local authority frameworks
Working in frameworks is beneficial for both customers and contractors. It is all about performance, improvement and transparency. Frameworks are driving improvements in our business and customers are reaping the benefits. Our strengths lie in our flexibility to meet the diverse needs of our customers, and our enthusiasm is delivering against challenging timetables and budgets. Currently around 80% of our work is with repeat customers. This means that from the leadership team to our supply chain, everyone involved on your project with Wates is committed to delivering in exceptional ways, and creating lasting value.
More reasons to choose Wates:
- We understand procurement processes and use gateways effectively to remove waste and deliver value for money.
- We adopt a partnership approach to ensure that all the needs of multiple stakeholders can be addressed.
- Early contractor involvement in the design process minimises waste in tendering and yields efficiencies in both time and resources.
- The IESE (Improvement and Efficiency South East) framework encourages contractors to share their knowledge, to share their supply chains and to develop specialist expertise in delivering new working practices. East Surrey College, and the Metropolitan Police Patrol bases and custody centres programme are both being delivered through this framework.
- Wates is a leading contractor on the HM Prison framework, to-date we have delivered £300 million worth of projects.
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.