law and order
Creating buildings in a secure environment
Wates is recognised as a leading expert in delivering prison, police and security-related buildings such as detention centres and court houses. Our proactive and innovative approach to the Ministry of Justice framework, has enabled us to produce award-winning results including the fastest ever prison build and significant cost and time savings through considered value-engineering.
- Our supply chain is security cleared and we specialise in logistics in a secure environment.
- Our experienced design and construction teams are able to deliver real capital cost and programme time reductions – delivering finished buildings below budget and quickly.
- Experience and value engineering delivers dramatic reductions in life-cycle costs.
- Close collaboration with the design supply chain and client teams to create a smooth and efficient process.
- Understand the importance of local community relationships and develop a considered programme that minimises disruption to the local infrastructure. Wherever possible we try to support local initiatives to further enhance community support for the project.
- Support the rehabilitation agenda with skills and education programmes and funding.