- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
law and order
Creating buildings in a secure environment
Wates is recognised as a leading expert in delivering prison, police and security-related buildings such as detention centres and court houses. Our proactive and innovative approach to the Ministry of Justice framework, has enabled us to produce award-winning results including the fastest ever prison build and significant cost and time savings through considered value-engineering.
- Our supply chain is security cleared and we specialise in logistics in a secure environment.
- Our experienced design and construction teams are able to deliver real capital cost and programme time reductions – delivering finished buildings below budget and quickly.
- Experience and value engineering delivers dramatic reductions in life-cycle costs.
- Close collaboration with the design supply chain and client teams to create a smooth and efficient process.
- Understand the importance of local community relationships and develop a considered programme that minimises disruption to the local infrastructure. Wherever possible we try to support local initiatives to further enhance community support for the project.
- Support the rehabilitation agenda with skills and education programmes and funding.
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.