- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
hotels and leisure
Whether it’s the complete installation of a chic contemporary interior or the exacting standards required by a national chain, or the responsible renovation of a one-off traditional building, Wates can provide the national skills, proven experience and trusted delivery partners to ensure minimum inconvenience and maximum quality
We have extensive experience in delivering to key areas of this sector including Bars and Restaurants, Betting and Gaming organisations and Hotels. With a focus on excellence in delivery, we are able to provide both live and new project expertise through our dedicated delivery teams
- A building that works from day one. Our handover with a unique in-house process will make sure your building is up and running from the off.
- Safety first. We look after your customers and employees through exacting safety practices, above those of the rest of the industry.
- Added value. Wates Design integrates a design and feasibility service into our offering, and we also offer a procurement and planning advice service including full M&E service.
- Financial security. And as part of a company with £1 billion turnover, we represent trusted financial security and stability in turbulent economic times.
- Performance based reputation. With a focus on delivery on time, on budget to maximum quality standards
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.