- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
The university sector in the UK has a disproportionate share of the worlds’ leading institutions and is a dynamic force in developing the knowledge based economy necessary for growth and success in a competitive world. Wates understands that innovation, efficiency and high standards are vital components in any project to create the best teaching and research environments.
- Working with universities to create efficient work places and supporting change management
- Leading the drive for energy efficiency and low carbon solutions
- A business partner helping to improve the employability of students with direct engagement and providing a window to the world of work
- A business focus on excellent handover including user training and support to provide a smooth transition into the new facilities
- Ensuring students can continue their studies and research without disruption during the construction process
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.