Wates has an excellent track record of managing new build and challenging live secondary school environments, where pupil flow is a major consideration. Our experience and expertise adds value to Secondary School projects and ensures the experience is positive for teachers, pupils and the wider community.
What we offer our Secondary School clients:
Early cost certainty and project delivery to programme, quality and budget
- Delivery of innovative learning environments by enabling schools to input on design for buildings bespoke to their specialist academic and curriculum needs
- Safe delivery of projects in challenging environments
- Engagement with pupils, using our construction projects to build on the learning opportunities, helping to equip them with real skills as they work towards their future careers
- Procurement and integration of ICT and FF&E in conjunction with users’ needs
- Clear and concise handover process that meets and exceeds BSRIA Soft Landings criteria and client training needs
Our involvement with Secondary Schools
Wates has delivered over £400m worth of Secondary Schools of varying complexity over the last three years. Our industry leading specialist project teams are committed to delivering new build and refurbishment of Secondary Schools safely, on time and on budget. They ensure quality and performance targets are met and exceeded, whilst engaging with the school, teachers, students and their communities to minimise disruption to curriculum and the wider community.