- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Our industry leading specialist project teams are committed to delivering on time and on budget every time and safely. They ensure quality and performance targets are met and exceeded, while supporting the customer and users throughout the process.
We know that a school is a key building in a community and as a business we have a sustainable approach to construction and design. Our experience and expertise adds value to the project and ensures it is a positive experience for everyone involved.
We have an extensive track record:
- Experience of delivering innovative learning environments to enable schools to design a building bespoke to their specialist academic and curriculum needs.
- Dedicated teams of people with expertise and specialist knowledge of working within live environments - ensuring no loss of learning or teaching time.
- Currently delivering Luton BSF and are committed to the BSF programme.
- Understand the school priorities and are able to schedule the build programme to meet these needs and requirements.
- Leading provider of special educational needs schools.
- Preferred contractor for Coventry Schools – delivered the last 5 secondary schools projects.
- Multiple schools refurbishment projects within the Birmingham Construction Partnership.
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.