Adapt school solutions – an evolution
Wates recognises that while every school is unique, they generally have more similarities than differences. That’s why, in May 2011, at Campsmount Technology College in Doncaster, we began a journey to find a better solution.
Two years on, following significant research and development and application on live projects, we are now launching the next chapter of Adapt. With a full kit-of-parts designed in BIM 3D software, we are bringing improved lifecycle, energy performance and
Adapt uses a standardised kit-of-parts – comprising of optimised, pre-tested, pre- engineered and often pre-procured components – that are able to be arranged in any physical configuration. It provides a standardised platform for approaching school design, with enough inbuilt adaptability to ensure that it does not result in standardised schools.
The outcome is high quality, flexible design with cost effective, certain delivery for every school.
Adapt takes a holistic approach to design, structures, services and construction to save money and improve quality
- removes the need for continuous design reinvention
- time and money focused on the areas that matter most
- school needs captured and translated quickly into agreed designs, with known costs
- standard design specification developed over years of education experience
- traditionally constructed from a library of trusted, buildable, durable and low- maintenance materials
- optimised structures and services reduce infrastructure costs
- durable product selection
- an efficient building envelope
- economies of scale using repeatable details