academies and free schools
We understand that the education sector is ever evolving to meet the needs of students and their communities. Academies and Free Schools present their own complexities and unique challenges. Our proven processes ensure Academies and Free Schools are delivered and truly reflect the vision and ethos of sponsors, whilst meeting deadlines and tight budgets.
What we offer our Academy and Free School clients:
- Early cost certainty and project delivery to programme, quality and budget
- Delivery of innovative learning environments by enabling schools to input on design for buildings bespoke to their specialist academic and curriculum needs
- Clear and concise handover process that meets and exceeds BSRIA Soft Landings criteria and client training needs
- Safe delivery of projects in challenging environments
- Collaboration with Academies and Free Schools to create efficient work places, ensuring students can continue their studies without disruption
- Build on the learning opportunities for students using our projects
- Procurement and integration of ICT and FF&E in conjunction with users’ needs
Our involvement on Academies and Free Schools scheme
Wates has delivered over £220m worth of Academies and Free Schools in the last three years. Our teams are focused on meeting the individual requirements of each Academy and Free School through an established approach to engagement and deliver buildings with modern, flexible learning spaces that support both individual and group learning.