- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
As one of the UK’s leading affordable housing construction services providers, we have a major impact on communities throughout the UK. Building or refurbishing some 26,000 homes every year, working through more than 50 affordable housing frameworks, we have exceptional expertise and experience across a wide range of projects including refurbishment, supported living, mixed-use, mixed-tenure, maintenance and PFI.
- Sustainable development. We enable our customers to meet or exceed the most stringent Government targets, reduce operational costs and access valuable funding through practical application of renewable technologies and waste management solutions.
- Complete solutions. We can deliver the shops, community facilities and other buildings that are required to support sustainable communities.
- Strong tenant relationships. Our highly skilled and experienced Resident Liaison Officers (RLOs) minimise tenant concern and disruption. We have the only accredited RLO training course in the UK and our engagement approach is recognised by our Tenant Participation Advisory Service accreditation.
- Leading by example. We drive improvements in housing strategy through a high profile dialogue with local and Central Government and influential housing organisations. We also attract private sector support through various community projects and long-term initiatives, including skills and enterprise development.
- Award-winning record. We won ‘Contractor of the Year’ at the Housing Excellence awards 2009 and ‘Sustainable Social Housing Contractor of the Year’ 2009 at the Sustainable Housing awards.
related project stories
Wates takes top honour
Wates Group has taken home the top accolade in Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) 14th Awards for Excellence.
the Queen’s Awards
Wates receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Wates is one of the most financially secure companies in the construction sector. We have significant liquidity, no reliance on external funding and no toxic assets.
Secure employment is at the heart of sustainable communities. At a time with increasing unemployment especially with young people, businesses have a greater role to play in society.