- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Walworth Road, Picket Piece
Since 2004 Wates Developments has undertaken a complex land assembly with over 40 landowners to deliver a 75 acre development site. The land has excellent potential to create an urban extension to Andover and was allocated for housing in the emerging Core Strategy. A 1st Phase application for 530 dwellings is currently at Appeal, where Wates is pressing for an early release of this site.
• Complex land assembly for scheme of circa 800 homes
• Extensive engagement strategy to ensure new homes are integrated well with surrounding community
• The planning application provides 18 acres of public open space and wider community benefits
• 212 affordable homes to be provided for the local community in the current scheme
• Proposals offer extensive mitigation for range of protected habitats and species
• High level of local support achieved
For Walworth Road website click here
You may filter which project stories you are viewing by using the boxes below. Once you have selected the appropriate boxes, press "search"