- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Royal Mail Tyneside - Live Site
Project Update November 2011:
Wates Retail is in full swing working on a 14 month programme at the Royal Mail distribution centre in Tyneside. This is the 14th project for Royal Mail, which the team secured against tough competition and judging from their team efforts and regular interaction with the customer, the team are set to secure many more Royal Mail projects. The £4.8million project will provide Royal Mail employees with a 93m x 18m extension to the existing arrivals facility .To add to this, an accommodation block and additional parking for 315 cars on land previously used for landfill has been created.
So what has Wates Retail delivered to date?
- Complete construction of a new 42 m x 9 m two storey accommodation block
- Internal and general building works, including demolition, alteration, electrical works and refurbishment work to the main administration block.
- Installation of a new mezzanine locker area and plant deck
- New internal/external signage
- Distribution of a weekly newsletter, detailing the construction works which were carried out that week, covering health and safety and providing both teams with a clear awareness of H&S awareness during the project.
- Installed an information board for the team and the client, highlighting the specific areas they will be working on that day, detailing key news surrounding the works.
- Attended regular workshops with Royal Mail across various departments to facilitate regular communication between the team and the client.
- To date, the team has achieved the highest framework score of 99.6%
More updates to follow soon
Categories: live environments
Business Development Manager
call now on 01925 791 100
You may filter which project stories you are viewing by using the boxes below. Once you have selected the appropriate boxes, press "search"