- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
Wates has been established in the North East for over 16 years. We have a strong track record of delivery on projects from £2m to £15m across a broad range of public and private sector clients. We work on a number of frameworks and multi site schemes. We have 90 direct employees and 18 apprentices / trainees.
Major projects include:
- A flagship £6m affordable housing scheme at Primrose Hill, Huddersfield that has won a number of winning awards for quality and innovation
- Sheffield Homes Decent Homes – refurbishment work and conversion of sheltered housing units worth £30m
- Canklow – Family homes which were completed five weeks early and within the £6m budget
- Cruddas Park – two stage design and build scheme worth £15m
- Marks & Spencer, Newcastle - £9m strip out and re-model of existing retail store
Wates in the North East is committed to supporting local communities and businesses through its work. We employ trainees, offer apprenticeships, work with the local supply chain to develop their businesses and deliver our Building Futures education programmes to help unemployed people get back into work.