- why wates?
- our businesses
- project stories
- thought leadership
london and south east
Wates has been part of the London construction industry for over 100 years. We have an annual turnover of over £275m across all our main sectors including education, Government and commercial offices and affordable housing.
With over 450 employees we have a broad range of skills that can be combined to create the ideal project team across a broad range of capabilities. From heritage works to frameworks, innovative new build Academy projects to Decent Home refurbishments. Our expert pre-construction and design teams ensure that we deliver the best possible project in the best possible time frame, to a high quality and safely.
Major projects include:
- Canterbury College – a two phase £40m further education project
- Eastbourne Terrace – Commercial office-block design and build project worth £18m
- East Surrey College – design and build project worth £42.9m
- Royal Hospital Chelsea – a new build facility worth £23m that required enormous attention to detail with heritage finishes
- Peabody Framework – 5 year Decent Homes programme which encompasses 36 estates across London, totalling 3,500 properties worth £40m
- Haringey Framework – £35m Decent Homes framework over five years
- London and Quadrant, Stratford Eye – a flagship new build of a 19 storey towerblock
- John Lewis, Oxford Street – £3.5m fit out of live trading store
- Boots – £5m fit out of Boots’ flagship store at Westfield shopping centre in White City, London